My gracious Mesa hosts are also currently providing housing for two teachers from Australia who are here touring the west USA with a group of 64 students. I have to admit I've enjoyed their pep and wit, and of course their delightful accents over the last few days. I'm also picking a little bit of the more amusing lingo from Down Under. Tomorrow they leave us for the great and spacious of Los Angeles. As a special treat per special request, Angela tried her hand at making an Australian dessert from scratch for us tonight: Pavlova.
Trust me. It's as delicious as it looks. It's basically a meringue with fresh whipped cream and fruit, but never ever did so few ingredients pack so much sugary delight. The best part was how modest she was about it having never made it from scratch before. She was so worried about how it was going to turn out, but it was fantastic! When I first arrived a few days ago I was little apprehensive about sharing a bathroom with two Aussies, but now I must say, I'm sad to see my Australian friends go.

No comments:
Post a Comment