Wednesday, January 9, 2013

new beginnings.


Hi friends! Thanks for making the transfer with me! That is...to the few of you who actually read my blog. Sometimes I pretend people read what I have to say. And sometimes I only post pictures because I like to think it increases my blog's chances of being read....

THIS POST is entitled new beginnings. I have deemed this the most appropriate time to make the grand switch to a new blog, because I feel as if I am starting a new chapter in my life. Please, continue reading to find a greater explanation.

1) SCHOOL - Officially done with my major. Aced my senior thesis. If I wanted to, I could click a button right now and say, "Hey, BYU! Graduate me!" Done with school? Probably not. The plan right now is to keep going to school and work on a minor in chemistry in anticipation of grad school. Aaaand I have good reason to stay around a while longer. Keep reading.

2) DAVID JOHN ROWE - We're engaged. Ta da! Brief story time: David and I met my junior/his senior year of high school. We sat next to each other in yearbook. We bumped into each other the summer after he graduated, started spending time together, and eventually started dating. He left on his mission when I started at BYU. I told him I would not wait and I dated other people. Try as I might, I could not forget about Dave. When he came home in October, we found we both still cared for each other, and though I never could have predicted things would happen so fast, we got engaged December 10, 2012. The wedding will be June 21, 2013. Why are we waiting so long? Are we crazy? Keep reading.

David and I the night we got engaged.
3) PHOENIX - I have been accepted to an internship in the Phoenix Art Museum's Fashion Gallery assisting the curator. Tomorrow morning I will get into my car and drive ten hours to Mesa where I will be living for the next four months. Crazy? I know. It was the hardest decision I ever made, but this internship is a great opportunity I need to take advantage of before I get married. Thank goodness for Skype! And a new airline flying direct to Phoenix out of Provo! I've managed to pack all my clothing into two small suitcases, but I'm still trying to figure out how to pack all my sewing supplies because, folks, in addition to 13 bridesmaids skirts I am hoping to sew my wedding dress whilst in the land of OZ. I mean, AZ. Now you probably are assured I'm crazy.

Enough with the words. Now that you are officially informed and updated, I can continue to fill this blog with more exciting posts and pictures of all my new adventures in desert land and wedding plans. For those of you just joining our story, feel free to catch up by returning to the archive of kerielle at kerdmann.blogspot.com. Ha! I'm a nerd.


No comments:

Post a Comment