Monday, January 14, 2013

giant jenga.


Today was my first real day at the museum. I was very proud of myself, because this time I made it to the museum in a timely and effective manner - twenty minutes, tops. Parked, strode my way in and to my desk, and got put straight to work typing up thank you letters for donors. When those were all printed and sent for approval, I started organizing inventory images in the database. Sound thrilling? Perhaps not to you. But I was enjoying myself. I was feeling pretty good when I left at 4:20 pm. So I decided to try making it home sans GPS. Well, then rush hour traffic caused me to miss the sign directing me toward my exit which put me on the wrong side of the loop at the opposite side of the valley from my intended goal where I thought I was one the right track because all the street names are the exact same but the store fronts are not. At approximately 6:20 pm I finally pulled into the driveway. Rough.

My day was redeemed at ward FHE where we played a rousing game of giant jenga. Aka regular jenga with massive wood blocks. It was epic. When the tower fell we continued playing with the blocks like little kids, including building a domino train and a massive tower, which we completed almost to the ceiling without even a chair for help thanks to the 6 foot 10 inch guy in our ward. Time well spent? I think so.


Typically I won't work Tuesdays, but since I currently have nothing better to do than brave a trip into Phoenix again, and with the lure of a promised trip into the vault for photoshoot purposes lingering over my oh so easily bought over head, I shall be returning to the museum tomorrow morning. Hopefully this time I will be able to make it there AND back without mishap. And maybe if I learn to do that in a timely and effective manner, I will have time to visit the little Ribbons and Lace store I discovered on my extremely roundabout journey home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment