Sunday, January 20, 2013

cali or bust.


When I realized that a three day weekend with my schedule was actually a six day weekend (I am at the museum Monday, Thursday, Friday) I quickly began devising plans. My first attempt was to find a cheap flight home to surprise David for his birthday and hear his little sister speak before leaving on her mission on Wednesday (good luck Mel!), but alas, plane tickets are not cheap on short notice. So instead I planned a road trip to Los Angeles to visit my sister.

Here's a good joke - my professional film score composer bro-in-law gave me an extremely hard time about this: All I have in my car is cd player and radio. Seeing as I don't know any good radio stations down here, I'm bored to tears with my current cds, and my car is too new for an ipod cassette adapter and too old for and AUX input, I looked for a new way to listen to jams on the drive. Solution? Sat my computer in the passenger seat and made a playlist for the trip specifically. Battery lasted all six hours. That's the power of a Mac. Hard core.


SO. Since my arrival in the Big Orange - you know, like the Big Apple, but opposite coast and citrus-flavored? -  I've spent plenty of time relaxing and soaking up sunshine. My sister has a pool. I even got so hot sitting outside I had to come in and cool off. How many of you native Utahns can say that? Only been here since last night, but I'm sure I'll have some more exciting pics to post before I head out. Until then...be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment