Remember that time I spontaneously signed up for an aerial yoga class? Guess where I went last night?
Thank you, Tough Lotus, for an exceptionally entertaining, physically demanding, delightfully stretching evening. I had my first intro class with these lovely ladies and by the end of the night we were already hanging upside down and doing aerial push-ups. Note the following picture.
This, my friends, is an aerial push-up. And it is simultaneously harder and easier than it looks. Whilst suspended we learned to stretch essentially every muscle in our bodies, did some core strengthening exercises like supermans and full body lunges (speaking of lunges, we did all sorts of crazy lunges), in addition to push-ups, tricep curls and bicep curls. Aka, this was no simple yoga class, but an intensive workout. And it felt soooo good. Plus, it was crazy fun and we giggled the whole time. Like little girls. No joke. 15 full-grown women swinging in hammocks with their feet sticking in the air laughing like schoolchildren. It was great.
We had an awesome instructor who let us hang around (pun intended!) after the class to try out the hammocks a little longer and take some funny pictures. Shout-out to my friend Sara who convinced me to buy the Groupon that permitted me to begin this exciting adventure of trapeze artistry. Jealous, anyone? Come visit me in Phoenix and I'll take you with me for only $5! Seriously. It's a deal. About time they made exercise exciting.

So jealous - that looks AWESOME!!
ReplyDelete