Thursday, January 17, 2013

70 and counting.


I knew there was a reason I moved to Phoenix... Today it was a least seventy degrees out. And sunny. Of course, I was locked up in a cubicle all day sorting and printing images, but it's the principle of the thing.

Self-timer pic, top of car, palm trees, soaking up the sunshine, just got off work, normal.
Something hi-larious happened today. My super was out of the office today so her assistant and I were redoing a poster with images of the collection that she keeps in there to muse and reflect upon. The collection has grown vastly since it was last updated and consequently, said poster needed to be enlarged. Immensely. We had permission to move a large framed photograph further up the wall to add some extra room for the poster below. So I trotted off the find a hammer to move the nail. No big, right?

Next thing I know, the assistant walks in and sees me up on a chair pulling a nail out of the wall with the claw of the hammer and gasps, "Oh my gosh! Don't hurt yourself! Stop! Stop! Oh, be careful!" Uh... I was pulling a nail out of the wall. Don't people do little things like this all the time? "Um, I'm okay. I did stuff like this all the time at my old job." You know, "at my old job," I felt like I had to give an excuse or something as opposed to "It's just a nail..." I went to move the nail higher. "Oh, don't do that! I don't want you to hurt yourself. We'll get someone to do it later."

As I leave for the afternoon, I must have shown off some of my other deceptively simply yet actually apparently fantastically impressive skills, like drawing lines with a yard stick, and operating a paper cutter, because said assistant exclaims, "Well, we just didn't know what we were getting with you! You are so skilled!" Okay. People. These are extremely average tasks, yes? Or maybe just where I grew up... These are the people I am working with. Such a different world.

In other news, look what I just signed up for:


It's called aerial yoga and my first class is next Thursday. Some crazy deal on Groupon or whatever. One of my new found friends down here convinced me I just HAD to do it with her. So...here's to flexibility! In the AIR!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I am jealous! And you have some mad skills keri. Getting nails out of the wall. How awesome!

    ReplyDelete