Tuesday, February 12, 2013

warm rain.

I made the comment to someone before I left that I wouldn't be bringing my rain boots to Arizona. She responded, "You'd better take them - you'll get there just in time for monsoon season!" which I took to mean when it rains, it pours.

Well, I haven't seen a monsoon yet. But there have been a few chilly days since I got here (comparatively speaking - they would be considered heavenly to those of you back in UT) complete with good, solid rainstorms. They're pretty nice actually - it's a relatively warm rain, after all.


Captured this lovely sight a few weeks ago just out the front door after one such rain storm. I like the contrast of the differing trees in people's yards. I commented to my friend the other day that I still wasn't used to seeing palm trees in everyone's yards. "Why not?" she asks. "...because we don't have in our front yards in Utah." "You don't?!"

In museum news: all hands on deck. It's time to de-install the old exhibit and install the new. The old exhibit has to be cleaned and processed, collections forms are due this week, and not all the pieces have arrived for the new exhibit yet. And did I mention the curator is out of town? It's gonna be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment