Monday, February 18, 2013

valentine's weekend.


I sort of overlooked Valentine's Day as any other day of the week. I figured my valentine was coming the next day when Dave came to Mesa to visit me. So I felt pretty special when Dave surprised me by arranging for me to receive roses on Valentine's Day while I was skyping with him.

Of course the real excitement was picking him up at the airport the next day. Naturally I got lost in the middle of the desert on my way to pick him up, but fortunately I had left extra early in all my excitement and made it in time to meet him when he got off his plane. We went to Olive Garden for a late dinner together and finished off our reunion with a movie outdoors...because we can do that here.

At the airport, just after our reunion.


 On Saturday we went to breakfast, and then I got to take Dave to the museum to see what I've been working on. Well, I showed him the museum. The fashion gallery is under construction during the transition from one exhibit to another so, we really only got to peek between some boards. But it was great.

Sunday morning my gracious host was kind enough to take some pictures for us. Then I got to show Dave off at church and prove to everyone that I wasn't lying when I said I was engaged. You know, because someone might totally do that. My fiance exists! Thank goodness.


Bike ride along the canal.

Monday was for bike riding and relaxing. Dave's early flight got delayed to a late flight which meant we got surprised with three hours of extra time together, even if we had to sit in an airport to redeem it. Lucky for us the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport has some fancy couches to sit on. 

All in all, a wonderful weekend, and definitely the best Valentine's Day happenings ever. I am so grateful I got to spend a whole weekend with my best friend. Only three more weeks until I get to go home to visit him. And only four more months until my best friend becomes my husband. I can't wait.



1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this. You two are perfect!Yay for weddings!

    ReplyDelete