Monday, March 18, 2013

"spring break."


Phoenix recently celebrated their annual spring break from school. It's a foreign concept to some of us BYU students, but it basically means that as the weather starts to warm up and the students start itching from being indoors studying, schools let out. For a whole week. So unlike all my fellow Phoenicians (it's a real term, I swear) I took my spring break (Joke. I didn't really get one. I just took a day off from the museum since I basically let myself explode getting that exhibit up and running.) in a cooler climate. Lengthy explanation explained, I got to go home to visit my peeps in Utah.

Whilst there, I participated in another annual tradition: attending SCERA Park Elementary's annual theatrical production. This year Dave's little sister Anna was cast as one of the Silly Girls in Beauty and the Beast. We all thought she was perfect for the part. Anna has been asking ever since I left if I would be home to see her play. I surprised her by showing up unannounced. How could I miss it? This was my FOURTH year in a row witnessing one of the Rowe girls perform for SCERA Park Elementary. Gee, Dave, has it really been that long? ;)

Me, Dave, Anna - right after I surprised her. She was so great!

Although it can't be said we didn't try, Dave and I failed to make it to the temple when he came to visit me in Mesa due to some scheduling errors. So we were excited that he finished his test early enough for us to go on Tuesday. I am always so grateful for the opportunity I have to sit quietly and reflecting while waiting in the chapel to do baptisms, and even more grateful to be marrying someone who can sit quietly beside me.

I am also grateful to the kind stranger who saw me laughing over the self-timer button and offered to take our picture.

Dave and I also got to spend some time with my best friend Kristin (who I haven't gotten to see NEARLY enough since she returned from her mission in Lima, Peru!) and her friend. We went bowling at BYU and even though they rushed us through our game (I still don't believe they had leagues coming in...) we had a lot of fun. Dave has fantastic form when he bowls so of course I pulled out the camera to capture fun. But then he took pictures of me and, well... You know how you always think you look more awesome than you do? Exhibit A - C:
Dave's form, my form.

Dave's form, my form.

Dave's form, my form. Nailed it.

I got better, right? I'd like you to know that despite my form, at least one of those was a strike. After our rushed games (plural, because they made us bowl on separate lanes so we'd be faster...) we snapped a goofy pic and headed home to cook up some lemon pancakes (or pannekoeken to all my Summer SA friends - I totally learned how to make them!) with all the fresh citrus I hauled up from Arizona. (Yeah. TSA liked that...)

Best. Bowling. Picture. Ever.

Although I have no pictures, I did get to spend some time in Utah with my wonderful family playing games, eating good food, getting some wedding planning/shopping done (finally bought my lace!!!), and spending some time with Dave's family (still jealous of your trip Kads!). I also managed to make it to an eye appointment (we love new contacts!) and get a haircut. So while the trip, of course, felt way too short, it was productive and much needed. And now I am back in AZ and it is HOT (yeeeessss).

And that's how I spent my spring break. (Did you just love all the parenthetical thoughts? Because I did.)



No comments:

Post a Comment